Root canal processes are very common and have been implementing by dentists for several years to repair infected or decayed teeth. This process is needed to save the tooth instead of the removal of your tooth. But on the other side, the root canal has hazardous causes that can badly affect your health.
What is Root Canal?
It is the process in which bacteria and dead tissue are removed from a deep cavity before filling. The process is finished with the cavity drives down to the root. The purpose of this procedure is to preserve the tooth, which is typically required for aesthetic exposure and chewing effectively. Although the tooth remains visually but considered died.
Link of Mouth with your Body health
The health of your body directly linked to the health of your mouth. Research has shown that there is a connection between mouth diseases and some chronic health diseases i.e. heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, cancer, respiratory diseases, and evolving signs has to expose that root canals could be the source of similar health hazards. The bacteria from your mouth can easily blowout via the bloodstream to your body and can cause systemic harm.
What complications you can face from the root canal procedure
- Toxic affluence from bacteria combine with mercury which comes from oral amalgam, can alter your DNA. Additions, removals, alternatives- anything with your DNA can result in illness. Though any change in DNA could be responsible for alterations in DNA of your next generation or family line and this is the irreversible process.
- After the procedure of the root canal, the contamination can evolve outside or inside the area that the operation was performed.
- Due to the process of a root canal, unwanted material such as crystals of cholesterol can accumulate which is very effective for tissues and it can cause cystic lesions or scar tissue.
- Our Immune system is very sensitive to bacteria for any suspicious activity. Root canal procedure can cause an intense activation of your immune system in the body which results in negative impacts on your health.
- Root canal becomes the breeding area for bacteria. Various root-canaled teeth will become the source of infection in the root. These infections are known as focal infections that can eventually lead to illness and disease in different parts of the body.
- In summarizing my article- the bacteria that remain during the process of root canal can be the reason for many health issues. While some bacteria are common in our mouth, it can be dangerous when it causes an infection. They would be the reason for the inflammation, malaise, and abscess in the neck or head.Since some of the causes of swelling and infection in the tooth nerve and its pulp are owing to deep decay, frequent dental procedures on the teeth. Implementing good oral hygiene procedures such as: visits your dentist regularly, flossing, and brushing your teeth twice in a day- may reduce the chances for root canal processes. Wear a mouth guard during any sports activity can reduced tooth injuries.